Sunday, December 9, 2012

Review: Baby's in Black



Reviewing someone's life should be considered a crime against humanity. 

Think about it.  We all have ups and downs, is it just to have someone who's never met us decide if those moments were entertaining?

I'll be the first to admit that Bellstorf did an amazing job drawing the pictures (the cover is totally bookylicious). Just that alone inspires me to read several  more graphic novels. The problem isn't the illustrations but that he didn't dig deep enough. 

Girl meets The Beatles, falls for a member of the band, who instantly falls for her. Yes, instant attraction happens. But not a single fight or disagreement -- c'mon! She enrolls him in painting classes without even asking him and all he can say is "Should I bring my portfolio?" No relationship is that peaceful. By not letting us see any of the characters on a bad day, it made the story a lot less emotional. 

I kept asking myself ''Who was Stuart Sutcliffe?'' feeling like the odd one out while two friends spoke in code. 

And now, without further ado, here is Stuart Sutcliffe with the song that captured Astrid's heart.  




2 comments:

  1. This sounds really charming. I've only discovered the pleasures of reading graphic novels last year, so I love discovering new ones to check out. I'm going to look for this one!

    Adorable blog name, btw. Thanks for finding and following my blog. I'm following you now, too.. via RSS feed. Happy blogging !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm new to graphic novels as well. It took me a while to realize just how much effort goes into them.

    ReplyDelete