Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: The Lightning Thief


The Gods are brought back to life, as Rick Riordan gives Greek Mythology a makeover.

Percy Jackson keeps having problems at school, mainly caused by his ADHD and dyslexia. Little does he know that his life is about to change -- taking a turn for the worst -- as his mother is attacked by a creature and Percy forced to shelter at Camp Half-Blood where he is declared a Demi-God. He will now have to take on the task of hero and accept a quest to find Zeus' missing lightning bolt. 

Well-written and plotted, The Lightning Thief knows no boundaries when it comes to action. Percy is strong, wise for his age, and yet grows as a character before our eyes. But what makes the book impossible to put down are the magical scenes including Centaurs and The Fates. 

Glad to see the movie doesn't deviate too much from the book.


2 comments:

  1. The movie was actually really different from the book! Which disappointed me toward the book because I rather enjoyed the movie. But the book was a more set-back for me. I think because Percy was told as a 6th grader but his way of talking felt very mature to me. I don't know, it just wasn't my cup of tea, which saddens me because I know lots of people enjoyed reading this one very much. TT ^ TT

    I am very glad you much enjoyed reading the book. Will you be continuing the series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he talked differently. Very mature for his age, which is sad in a way. The fun part is to see a character growth throughout the series. I think I will continue reading the rest :D

    ReplyDelete